I reserve the right to amend/change/reverse these rules at any time and not be called a hypocrite. Most of them aren’t my rules anyway. Deal.
- “Your” and “You’re” are not interchangeable, and the first one is not a synonym for the second. Use them correctly or I cut you.
- You cannot be “bored of” something; you are bored with it.
- You cannot be “different than” something, you are different from it.
- Pictures are hung. Criminals are hanged.
- Borrow is a received action: you can borrow a pencil. You cannot “borrow someone” something – you lend it to them.
- The first “r”s in the words library and February are not silent.
- Your eggcorns are not my language. It’s “midriff”, not “mid-drift”. What, pray, is drifting there?